Xbox Series X - Devil May Cry 5 (Special Editon)
The Devil May Cry® series, known for its blend of high-octane stylized action and otherworldly characters, grew to be a global success since its first release in 2001. The main protagonist of the series is Dante, a demon hunter and son of the Legendary Dark Knight and demon Sparda and human Eva. Throughout the Devil May Cry series, the eternal battle between the forces of good and evil plays out through the lens of this supernatural family drama, as the Son of Sparda Dante, seeks vengeance for his brother’s corruption and his mother’s murder.
Now, 10 years since the last iteration, Devil May Cry® 4, Director Hideaki Itsuno and the core team have reunited to conclude the long awaited Sons of Sparda saga.
Several years have passed in Devil May Cry 5 and the threat of demonic power, long since forgotten, has returned to menace the world once again. The demonic invasion begins with the seeds of a “demon tree” taking root in Red Grave City. This hellish incursion attracts the attention of the young demon hunter, Nero, an ally of Dante who now finds himself without his demonic arm, the source of much of his power. As Nero heads to Red Grave City in his motorhome named “Devil May Cry” with his partner Nico, he ruminates on how everything started. The loss of his demonic arm, the demonic invasion, and Dante’s unknown whereabouts. Things must be settled once and for all.
Capcom’s proprietary in-house RE Engine ensures that with Devil May Cry 5, the series continues to achieve new heights in fidelity, featuring ground-breaking graphics that utilise photorealistic character designs and stunning lighting and environmental effects. The game features three playable characters, each of which offer a radically different stylish combat play style as they take on the city overrun with demons. Adrenaline-fuelled boss fights play out against destructible environments in the striking streets of Red Grave City.
- Wield the Yamato – Take the stylish action to a new level as Vergil, Dante’s long-time rival and twin brother. DMC5 players on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC will also be able to access all Vergil content in the Playable Character: Vergil DLC at a later date.
- New Gameplay Modes – Test your skills against the unique challenges of the new Legendary Dark Knight Mode and Turbo Mode.
- Legendary Dark Knight Mode: Fans seeking an added challenge can pit their skills and style against a Crazy amount of enemies in the perilous Legendary Dark Knight Mode.
- Turbo Mode: Adrenaline junkies can push their reaction times to the limit against the increased speed of Turbo Mode, which ups the rate of gameplay by 20 percent to allow for even more rapid and fluid combo opportunities.
- Ascend the Bloody Palace – Tackle the increasingly difficult floors of the Bloody Palace challenge mode, originally introduced as free post-launch content for Devil May Cry 5. Only the most skilled demon hunters will make it to the top floor to face the ultimate challenge.
- High-Octane Stylized Action – Play as four different characters: Nero, Dante, V, and the newly-added Vergil. Cut a path through the ruins of Redgrave City with each character using radically different play styles as they take on the teaming hordes of demons.
- Groundbreaking Graphics – Developed with Capcom’s in-house proprietary RE engine, DMC5SE brings the visual quality to new heights, with graphics that utilize photorealistic character designs, stunning lighting and environmental effects. These superb visuals have been enhanced with ray tracing technology**, 4K visuals, and increased framerates, all with minimal load times.
- Vivid 3D Audio – Maintain their Smokin’ Sexy Style through the frenetic action and cutting chords by adapting to the sounds of enemy movements above, below, and to any side of your character with realistic detail.